How do I register online?
The on-line registration process has three stages. Firstly, the details of the person who is paying (the registrant) need to be entered and then the details of the entrants (one or more). Note that the registrant does not need to be an entrant. Finally, payment is made using PayPal.
- Click on the Register button
- Please enter your name, address and contact details.
- Add entrants as required. For convenience, the details provided in “Your Details” will be used to populate the first entrant but this can be changed as required.
- You can make a voluntary donation to our charities in addition to the entry fees by entering the amount (without a “£” sign).
- If you make a mistake and wish to change details before you make your payment, just use the back button on your browser.
- When the list of entrants is complete, proceed to pay by clicking the “Payment” button. This will take you to the PayPal Web site where you can pay using either your PayPal account or a credit/debit card. Once payment is successful you will be returned to the Dorridge Fun Run Web site. Note that this final stage of the process is important to enable registration to complete successfully.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the Contact E-mail Address provided at Registration.
- The race numbers and information will be sent to the registration address provided. It is beneficial if the person who registers the entrants and pays is also eligible to Gift Aid.
- You can enter and pay for further entrants following the same procedure at anytime up to the on-line registration deadline on the 2nd June.
How much does it cost to enter?
Adults £15.00, children (under 14) £7.50
Please note: registration is not possible on the day.
What is the latest date I can register online?
Online registration will be available until 6:00pm on the 2nd June. However, for entries received after the 28th May, you will need to collect your race number between 8:30 and 9:45 am on the day of the Fun Run.
What do I do if I have a problem registering on-line?
Please e-mail details of the problem you have experienced along with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens after I have registered?
If you register before 28th May, we will send your race number(s) and entrant information by post. If you register before 1st May, we will not dispatch your race number(s) until after 1st May. Please allow 7 days after registration or the 1st May (if you register early) for your race number(s) to arrive. It is important to note that we will send the race numbers and details for multiple entrants to the person who registered and paid.
I would prefer not to register and pay online, is there an alternative?
You can register using the single entrant registration form available from the Parish Office and distributed widely in the local community or the multiple entrant form which can be downloaded here: Entry Form . Please send the registration form to the Parish Office by 28th May (details on the form).
Can my child take part on his/her own?
We stipulate that children 13 or under on the day of the race must be accompanied by an adult entrant for their safety. Older children can participate on their own.
Can I enter on the day?
No, we are only allowing advance entry this year due to the popularity of the Fun Run.
Where can I get a sponsorship form?
You can get one here: Sponsorship Form .
How can I raise sponsorship?
We are happy for Fun Run participants to raise sponsorship funds. You can do this using JustGiving or by sending a cheque / monies to The Parish office, St. Philip’s Church Centre, Manor Road, Dorridge, B93 8DX. All cheques should be made payable to: St. Philip’s and St. James’ PCC. Funds raised will be divided between our nominated charities and worthy causes; Marie Curie, Solihull Action through Advocacy, Reachout Network Ministries, St Philip’s Centre Building Appeal, SoLO and Dorridge Scout Group.
Can I make a donation to the Fun Run's charity fundraising?
Yes, you can do this on-line using JustGiving . Funds raised will be divided between our principal charities: Reachout Network Ministries, St Philip’s Centre Building Appeal, SoLO and This Way Up. As in 2017, 50% of funds raised is being donated to St Philip’s Centre Building Appeal and the balance split equally between the three other charities, after a matching of funds raised by each charities at the Fun Run.
On the Day
Who do I contact if I have any questions on the day of the Fun Run?
The Fun Run information desk at the entrance to the Church Hall will be available to help you with your questions from 8.30am until the event closes.
What time does the Fun Run start?
The Fun Run start times are:
10:10am – Cycles
10:30am – Runners and walkers
Are there changing facilities at the Fun Run?
We have separate male and female changing rooms as well as toilet facilities. If you wish to use them, please enquire at the Fun Run information desk when you arrive. Regrettably, there are no shower facilities at the site.
Will any roads used for the routes be closed to motor traffic?
In consultation with the police, a number of key road closures to maximise your safety and enjoyment of the Fun Run re in place, as in recent years. Many of the road closures will be for the duration of the event (from 9:00am until approximately 1:30pm) but we will be endeavouring to open roads as soon as it is safe to do so as the race progresses. Traffic diversions will be in place to divert traffic away from the Fun Run route. You can read a copy of the letter that will be sent to residents: Road Closure Letter . Roads affected by the Road Closure Orders are:
- Manor Road, Dorridge (from junction of Rodborough Road to Grange Road)
- Station Road (from Manor Road junction to Station Approach)
- Station Approach, Dorridge
- Dorridge Road
- Blue Lake Road (from junction of Dorridge Road to Darley Green Road/Norton Green Lane)
- Darley Green Road (from junction of Blue Lake Road to Chessetts Wood Road)
- Packwood Road
- Packwood Lane (up to Rising Lane junction)
- Rising Lane, Packwood (up to Chessetts Wood Road junction)
- Chessetts Wood Road
- Chapel Lane
- Bakers Lane
- Vicarage Road (up to Windmill Lane junction)
- Windmill Lane (up to Grange Road junction)
- Grange Road, Dorridge (from Windmill Lane up to Manor Road junction)
Where is the best place to park my car?
There is a large car park at the rear of the Church (vehicle access is between the railway bridge and petrol station on Grange Road). If parking elsewhere, you will need to consider the road closures as these will limit traffic movement for the duration of the Fun Run. We kindly ask all those coming by car to avoid parking on any part of the route.
Is there anywhere to leave my bicycle before and after the Fun Run?
There are dedicated cycle racks available after the Fun Run to leave bicycles. Please bring a cycle lock as the Fun Run cannot be responsible for the security of any bicycles left unattended.
Is anyone taking photographs?
Yes, we will be taking photos for our Web site but please feel free to send us your photos as well.